Saturday, February 26, 2011

Finding Soul Style Challenge

Now that we have been through an inspiring week or two of Fashion Week (depending on whether you followed New York Fashion Week or just mine), I am issuing the first ever **Finding Soul Style Challenge**.  It officially starts on SUNDAY (that's tomorrow).  Here are the rules:

1. Describe your Soul Style  in 1 to 3 words.  It can be something like -
 "relaxed elegance" 
                             "comfy cool"
                                                           "Australian neutral hipster" 

Whatever phrase means something to you.

2. For the next 7 days, wear an outfit that expresses your style that you described in #1.  Even if you are just driving your kids to school or going to the gym, wear your soul on your sleeve.

3. Send me a picture of one of your outfits along with your Soul Style description, and I will post it on my blog.  My email address is meredith@findingsoulbalance.com.

I describe my Soul Style as "Parisian edgy chic" - not that I'm trying to imitate French women but rather be inspired by the beauty of Paris itself.  The "edgy" and the "chic" balance each other out, so I don't go too far in either direction.  That phrase just gives me a feeling that I want to express, and I have used it for the last couple of years to dictate what I buy. 

So, this is what I'm going to wear tomorrow...



What are you going to wear?

No comments: